If you require complex analysis but the installation of a complete geographic and geostatistical analysis system is excessive, we can take care of all your analysis needs, from sourcing base data, to developing multivariate geostatistical models, through to preparing final outputs in either a traditional or web format.
The main tools at our disposal include:
- GRASS for topography, network, image, vector and raster analysis, image classification, terrain analysis
- R for geostatistics
- PostGIS (features more than 600 tools for vector and raster geoprocessing)
- SEXTANTE spatial data analysis library
- SAGA GIS for topography, network, image, vector and raster analysis, image classification, terrain analysis
- Orfeo Toolbox for remote sensing image processing
- LasTools highly-efficient, scriptable tools to process LIDAR data
GRASS (Geographic Resources Analysis Support System) is a Free and Open Source software for carrying out spatial analyses. It includes more than 400 modules for working with vector (2D/3D), raster and voxel data. GRASS is able to interface with a number of other programs and GIS packages to provide geostatistics and web based GIS analysis applications.
Under continuous development since 1982, GRASS can be used as a complete GIS desktop application, or as a key component of a wider GIS infrastructure. GRASS is distributed under the GNU General Public Licence and supports a wide variety of vector and raster data, images and databases.
Today GRASS is used in scientific, commercial and government sectors and has demonstrated high efficiency in solving a wide range of spatial problems around the globe.
Results of an analysis performed using the r.lake module
- Raster/Vector/Voxel processing, Support for 2D/3D Raster and Vector data
- Image and topological data processing, Network analysis, Environmental analysis / biodiversity mapping, Spatial modelling, Processing satellite images
- Geostatistics (through the R interface)
- Integration with the Python scripting language to allow development of WebGIS applications
- 3D visualisation and modelling
- Much more...
A complete list of GRASS modules can be found here.
SEXTANTE is a spatial data analysis library. The main aim of SEXTANTE is to provide a platform for the easy implementation, deployment and usage of rich geoprocessing functionality. It currently contains more than three hundred algorithms for both raster and vector data processing, as well as tabular data analysis tools. SEXTANTE integrates seamlessly with open source GIS.
Using Sextante in QGIS to build a model with SAGA, OTB, GRASS and native QGIS tools
SAGA GIS (System for Automated Geoscientific Analyses) is a free and open source geographic information system used for editing spatial data. SAGA GIS is a GIS software with the purpose to give scientists an effective but easily learnable platform for the implementation of geoscientific methods. SAGA has a fast growing set of geoscientifc methods, bundled in exchangeable Module Libraries.
Orfeo Toolbox is a set of algorithmic components, adapted to large remote sensing images, which allow to capitalize the methodological know how, and therefore use an incremental approach to benefit from the results of the methodological research. ORFEO Toolbox (OTB) is distributed as an open source library of image processing algorithms. As the motto of OTB goes, Orfeo Toolbox is not a black box, OTB encourages full access to the details of all the algorithms.
Built upon LASlib (with LASzip) are LAStools - a collection of highly-efficient, scriptable tools with multi-core batching that process LAS, compressed LAZ, Terrasolid BIN, ESRI Shapefiles, and ASCII.