Software used: Quantum GIS with Sextante, GRASS, SAGA, Orfeo ToolBox
The course will teach how to use the full power of several analytical toolboxes (GRASS, SAGA, Orfeo ToolBox, and more) with the ease of use of Quantum GIS. Upon course completionthe user will be able to handle the QGIS workspace with ease, and run simple and complex analyses in a simplified environment. The course is especially suited for those who want to acquire analytical and predictive use of GIS, having a basic knowledge.
- Introduction to the various software
- Basic vector analyses: dissolve, merge, overlay, attribute management, etc.
- Correction of topological errors and vector generalization
- Geomorphology analisi: digital terrain modules, contour, slope, aspect, shaded maps
- Interpolation: IDW, RST, Krieging, etc.
- Raster and vector buffers, distance analyses, least cost paths
- Reclassification of rasters, map algebra
- Zonal statistics
- Intervisibility (line of sight) analysis
- Hydrological analyses: basin outline, etc.
- 3D visualization
- Multicriteria analyses: priority and risk maps
- Unsupervised, automatic land use classification, feature extraction
- Land use change
- Modelling through graphical interface and command line; batch processing for automatic processing
Preferably prior knowledge of GIS (although not essential). Delegates must be comfortable in general with using a computer.
Three days (24 hours)
Contact us for further information, or for customized courses, according to your specific needs.